Vivaldi is a fast, ultra customizable browser that prioritizes your privacy (not our own profit). An Internet browser that adapts to you, not the other way around. Vivaldi browser comes packed with smart features. From a focused, minimalist experience to building a command center for life online – we’ve got you covered.
Is Vivaldi a safe browser?
Vivaldi is considered a safe browser. It features built-in ad tracking protection and a dedicated privacy menu. Additionally, Vivaldi lets you enable/disable Google services, hide your typed history, and tweak default website permissions.
Why try Vivaldi?
The best thing about Vivaldi is how customizable it is. You can set the main menu to be a drop-down vertical menu or a horizontal bar, add actions, create or change keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures for any action, it even lets you stack tabs within tabs in different ways.
What are the differences between Vivaldi and Google Chrome?
Vivaldi and Google Chrome are based on Chromium, both browsers are compatible with most major OS, but Vivaldi is not available for iPhone while Chrome is. Vivaldi is much more customizable and comes with built-in anti-tracking by default.
Who owns Vivaldi?
Vivaldi was launched in 2015 as a Chromium-based browser aimed at power users, developed by the creators of Opera. Vivaldi continues to be employee-owned with headquarters located in Oslo, Norway.
What are key features of Vivaldi?
- Full-on user customization of how the browser looks and works
- A pause button in the status bar for pausing all media and site activity, saving system resources.
- Take screenshots of full web pages or a selection of the screen and save it as either PNG or JPEG.
- Built-in ad blocker and tracking protection.
- Lets you disable website images entirely, or only show the ones already cached on your computer when using slow connections.
- Compatible with RGB effects from Razer Chroma and Philips Hue.
- Chromium-based so it is compatible with all Chrome extensions, if you need them.
New and improved tab functionality, reader mode and a smart-home lighting integration. With each update we continue on our mission to shape the world’s best user-centric browser.
Are you a keyboard person? Then you’re in luck. Quick Commands allow you to quickly search through various settings, history, open tabs, bookmarks and more with a single keyboard shortcut. We aim to make the Quick Command menu highly customisable, allowing you to make your own commands and run them quickly.
Take notes while browsing and add screenshots right in the handy Notes panel. The notes will automatically remember which site you were browsing at the time and allow you to add tags, to easily organize and find them later.
All of your favourite sites easily accessible from one place. You can also create multiple Speed dial groups. Organize your sites based on interests such as Sports, News and Tech, or different context such as Work, School etc. It’s also possible to add a folder as a Speed dial entry. It’s a pretty powerful feature.
Too many unorganized tabs can become a bit messy, making it hard to find the tab you are looking for quickly. Organize your tabs using Tab stacks! It lets you group multiple tabs under a single tab. Just drag a tab over to another for easy grouping.
Built on Web Technology
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 104.0.5112.105
The new version of Vivaldi gives you full control over your toolbar layouts with Editable Toolbars, a new option to easily reset default browser settings and syncable search engine across devices.
One of our core beliefs at Vivaldi is that users want to customize. And to give you a fully customizable user interface, we’ve opened up even more possibilities for you to create a browser that’s uniquely yours.
- Editable toolbars are here – giving you full control over your toolbar layouts.
- Our new version, is further proof of how we put our philosophy into practice to create new features for you.
- As almost everything in Vivaldi is an option, we’ve added a reset to default button in every section of Vivaldi Settings. This lets you go back to your original browser settings quickly and easily.
- Along with improvements across the board, we’ve also got syncable search engines across desktops, Android phones and tablets, and cars.
Vivaldi 5.4 is ready for download on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
In addition, our new version on Android, also launched today, includes a host of features, including the ability to rename our unique Two-level Tab Stacks, syncable search engines, and much more.
- [New][Toolbars] Create a drag-and-drop toolbar customization mode (VB-70320)
- [New][Sync] Syncable search engines (VB-46482)
- [New][Settings] Reset to default for every section (VB-7696)
- [Address Bar][Privacy Statistics] Access Privacy Statistics from Blocker dialog (VB-88347)
- [Address Bar][Search] Any time I enter or change a search item it adds it to the list of typed URLs (VB-87761)
- [Address Bar][Settings] Show search queries history setting does not stick (VB-87733)
- [Address Bar] Incorrect typed history with “http://” in the address field (VB-87964)
- [Address Bar] Border around padlock (VB-89235)
- [Address Bar] Can not open autocompleted URLs (VB-89353)
- [Address Bar] Dragging icon on top of Address Bar leaves blue line (VB-89066)
- [Address Bar] Esc doesn’t clear text in address field after you click blocking level in privacy stats (VB-88567)
- [Address Bar] In Speed Dial don’t empty URL when closing tab (VB-88737)
- [Address Bar] Modifier key + click on history back/forward buttons doesn’t work as intended (VB-89106)
- [Address Bar] Search icon changes position when entering input (VB-86920)
- [Address Bar] Secure icon is behind URL (VB-89205)
- [Address Bar] Text is no longer draggable (VB-89170)
- [Address Bar] Typing and delete chars to trigger nick opens in background tab (VB-87637)
- [Address Bar][Calendar Beta] Clicking on webcal links that open in new tab result in incorrect display URL (VB-89356)
- [Address Bar][Keyboard] Ctrl key selects entire URL when it contains non-ASCII (VB-88203)
- [Address Bar][Privacy Statistics] Stops showing suggestions after you click blocking level (VB-88323)
- [Ad Blocker] Import New Blocking List shows “Loading…” forever (VB-83100)
- [Bookmarks] Becomes unusable with too many bookmarks (VB-89052)
- [Bookmarks] Folder icons are displaying as empty square icons (VB-88063)
- [Bookmarks] Renaming is broken (VB-87413)
- [Bookmarks] Replace Booking.com to Ostrovok.ru for RU and BY (VB-88690)
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 102.0.5005.72
- [Context menu] “Add to Content” in Menu Setting doesn’t work (VB-89208)
- [Context menu] Can’t copy and search for text on justwatch.com (VB-89245)
- [Crash] “Randomly” after a short while (VB-88206)
- [Crash] Browser crashes randomly, particularly on macOS (VB-88607)
- [Crash] Restoring session and popup in a tab at background (VB-88471)
- [Crash] Startup crash with certain URLs in session (VB-87775)
- [Crash][Capture] When closing a tab after a capture (VB-89189)
- [Crash][Search] Fails to start if search engine list has been edited (VB-87796)
- [Drag and drop] Dragging same tab between windows breaks (VB-88738)
- [Extension] Remove extension drop-down border (VB-88074)
- [Focus] Various minor fixes (VB-89147)
- [Fullscreen] Improve fullscreen transition on youtube (VB-13303)
- [Gestures] Settings window doesn’t get closed by mouse gesture (VB-88579)
- [Guest Window] Favicons do not load for webpages (VB-86534)
- [Guest Window] Has web panels that do nothing (VB-88917)
- [Guest Window] Fully hide welcome page (VB-53692)
- [Guest Window] You can change flags (VB-54515)
- [HiDPI] Find In Page hit entry appears in the wrong place (VB-88377)
- [Icons] Update connection icons (VB-66023)
- [Inspector] Image inspector does not show (VB-89238)
- [Keyboard] ” to collapse three views (VB-88104)
- [Keyboard] Page back/forward on Lenovo Thinkpad trigger twice (VB-18941)
- [Linux][Media] Change proprietary codecs to 107578
- [Media][Windows] More robust AAC handling (VB-89287)
- [Menus] Cannot immediately view/execute shortcuts, menus, open settings window, etc… after startup (VB-83468)
- [Menus] Image properties context menu is visible on SVG “images” (VB-55728)
- [Menus] Upgrade code allows for the possibility of items in the wrong position (VB-88624)
- [Menus][Settings] Customization, can no longer edit Open Link input field (VB-86455)
- [Notes] Add text to clickable area in notes manager (VB-87862)
- [Notes] Blank icons (VB-88759)
- [Notes] Cannot create links with file protocol in it (VB-85592)
- [Notes] Manager editor placeholder lacks resize handle (VB-87975)
- [Notes] Notify on Adding New Note option is not working (VB-85992)
- [Notes] Renaming and then changing content immediately causes title to be reverted (VB-87684)
- [Notes] UI is not updated when adding attachments (VB-89293)
- [Notes][Keyboard] Ctrl+f no longer works in the manager (VB-88200)
- [Notes][Capture] “Insert Markdown” doesn’t work (VB-69439)
- [Notes][Quick Commands] Create note icon in quick command is a square (VB-89036)
- [Panel] Left floating panel is overlapping content (VB-88372)
- [Panel] Closing button should respect previous panel state (VB-87998)
- [Panel][Notes] Notifications don’t work when Open Panel Automatically is enabled (VB-88090)
- [Panel][Tabs] Pinned and Stacked Tabs Not Displayed in Window Panel (VB-84013)
- [Popout Video] Save PIP window size and position (VB-64763)
- [Privacy Statistics] Layout change (VB-87916)
- [Privacy Statistics] More options and a link to settings (VB-87915)
- [Privacy Statistics][Speed Dial] Make whole bar clickable (VB-88643)
- [Private Window] Open link in Private Window does not work (VB-88736)
- [Profiles] Button is displayed inside private windows (VB-89157)
- [Profiles] Own profile info not shown in “Manage people” (VB-88595)
- [Quick Commands] Focus address field does not work (VB-64381)
- [Quick Commands] Historic entries have wrong timestamp (VB-88363)
- [Quick Commands] Items that have exact match with query should be selected (VB-87829)
- [Quick Commands] Panels shouldn’t be accessible if they are not enabled (VB-88842)
- [Quick Commands] URL gets file protocol after a brief second (VB-88653)
- [Search Engine] Add Qwant for Canada (VB-88111)
- [Search] Add Yelp search to the US default list (VB-89146)
- [Search] Entries created by user should not be treated as auto-generated (VB-87855)
- [Search] Make override of default search engines by extensions fully opt-in (VB-88169)
- [Search] Migration script can import old removed pre-populated searches (VB-87854)
- [Search] Migration script can set the wrong default (VB-87853)
- [Search] Revert some accidentally modified URLs in legacy pre-populated searched (VB-87976)
- [Search] Search engine with undefined suggest URL can crash migration (VB-88702)
- [Search] Search selection with engine not working as part of a command chain (VB-87629)
- [Search][Settings] Allow removal of Speed dial and search field selected engines (VB-87681)
- [Search][Speed Dial] Search isn’t remembered (VB-87680)
- [Service worker] Don’t allow users to unregister background service worker (VB-88683)
- [Session] Cannot restore a saved session if it contains a tab stack (VB-89077)
- [Session] Remember last state of “Open Session” (VB-89179)
- [Settings][Keyboard] Chain shortcuts not displayed in Settings (VB-88905)
- [Spatial Navigation] URL of selected element not shown on status bar (VB-87920)
- [Speed Dial] Change default Thumbnail Size (VB-87917)
- [Speed Dial] Keep search text when switching tabs (VB-54596)
- [Speed Dial] Search field dropdown appears behind Speed Dials or default search engine suggestion (VB-89085)
- [Speed Dial] Search privacy notification layout seems broken (VB-88883)
- [Speed Dial] Search engine change affects tracker/blocker position (VB-88815)
- [Tabs] Always load pinned tab setting doesn’t work (VB-88753)
- [Tabs] Add confirmation to closing 10+ tabs (VB-88893)
- [Tabs] Bar on left don’t free its space when switched to top (VB-88408)
- [Tabs] Broken on the left when resizing (VB-88017)
- [Tabs] Close right/left tab inconsistent behaviour (VB-85031)
- [Tabs] Having two tab stacks, dragging a tab past the first stack into the second stack will scramble the order of the first stack (VB-88960)
- [Tabs] Not resizable while tab bar is set to left (VB-88257)
- [Tabs] Remove tab spacing in maximized windows stopped working (VB-88276)
- [Tabs] Selection outline stuck in tab bar after dragging tab out and in (VB-82932)
- [Tabs] Sound icon on the Speed Dial popup (VB-87511)
- [Tabs] Toggling off “show tab bar” leaves blank space when vertical (VB-88139)
- [Tabs] Vertical tab bar auto-scrolling is too aggressive and inconsistent (VB-88698)
- [Tabs][Settings] Wrong tab cycling behavior with right mouse + scroll wheel when “Show tab cycler” is disabled (VB-37067)
- [Tabs][Themes] Drag tabs over another tab might leave that tab with accent color (VB-88739)
- [Translate] List of translated items in translation history is half height (VB-88498)
- [Translate][Panels] Doesn’t submit with language drop-down selected (VB-88006)
- [UI] Grey background with V logo rendered too frequently (VB-87985)
- [UI] Minimum font size of Webpages influences browser UI (VB-86547)
- [Welcome] “Essentials” shows panel toggle (VB-89410)
- [Window Management] New window opens black if first is private (VB-86786)
- [Window Management][Menus][Tabs] Dragging tab to create a window fails, as does context menu “move to new window” (VB-89447)
- [Windows][Installer] Should disable change folder UI for system installs (VB-89068)
- [Windows][Media] Some videos failing for certain users (VB-89019)
- [Zoom] Indicator in status bar is not editable (VB-88409)
- [macOS] Opening URL not working if no window open (VB-85202)
- [macOS][Fullscreen video] Partially broken when tabs are on the left (VB-88236)
- [macOS][Keyboard][Developer Tools] Change default shortcut to ââ¥I (VB-88720)