You get it all with the new Microsoft Edge-performance, compatibility, and speed to make browsing the web even more effortless.
More privacy & control
The new Microsoft Edge has built-in features designed to give you more control over your data and to protect your privacy online.
The new Microsoft Edge comes complete with features designed to customize your browsing experience and to help make you more productive.
When you Give with Bing through Microsoft Rewards, your searches will earn points that are automatically donated to the cause of your choice.
Browse smarter, not harder
With the most comprehensive set of built-in learning and accessibility tools on the web, the new Microsoft Edge was designed to help you get things done.
- Fixed various bugs and performance issues for Stable and Extended Stable release.
- Microsoft Edge sidebar. The Microsoft Edge sidebar lets users access productivity tools side-by-side with their browsing window. For enterprise customers, the following experiences are currently turned on by default: Search, Discover, Office.com, and Outlook. Administrators can control the availability and configure the Microsoft Edge sidebar using the HubsSidebarEnabled, ExtensionInstallBlockList, and ExtensionInstallForceList policies. The extension ID for each sidebar app can be found at edge://sidebar-internals. For more information, see Manage the sidebar in Microsoft Edge.
- New policy to give more flexibility in Microsoft Edge startup. The RestoreOnStartupUserURLsEnabled policy lets users add and remove their own URLs to open when starting Microsoft Edge while maintaining the mandatory list of sites specified by the admin.
- ExemptFileTypeDownloadWarnings – Disable download file type extension-based warnings for specified file types on domains
- InternetExplorerIntegrationAlwaysWaitForUnload – Wait for Internet Explorer mode tabs to completely unload before ending the browser session
- MicrosoftEditorProofingEnabled – Spell checking provided by Microsoft Editor
- MicrosoftEditorSynonymsEnabled – Synonyms are provided when using Microsoft Editor spell checker
- PrintPdfAsImageDefault – Print PDF as Image Default